Using oils safely is very important! Here are some tips when getting started!
- Use a carrier oil (like olive oil, sweet almond oil, or coconut oil) to dilute your essential oil when applying to skin. This isn’t always necessary but it’s best to start that way to ensure your skin isn’t too sensitive!
- Store your oils in a cool, dark place to keep their compounds from altering
- Fun fact: Young Living oils never expire! Just store them properly.
- Keep oils out of your eyes and ears. If they accidentally get where they shouldn’t go, use a carrier oil (not water) to rinse it out
- It’s always wise to start slow & small and consult your doctor before use.
- Always put oils in glass
- Always read labels to ensure proper use.
- Always dilute with a carrier oil for kids.
- Only diffuse around newborns. We never apply topically until our littles are at least 6 months old, and then we dilute heavily!
- Some essential oils can create a photo-toxic reaction. Click here to read my post on using essential oils safely in the sun.
- And of course, use Young Living. It’s the safest out there!
Essential oils are highly concentrated volatile liquids and are too potent to be used straight from the bottle. When using an essential oil topically, they should be diluted with a carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil. Dilution is a crucial safety measure because it helps avoid any skin or systemic reactions.
These are the oils that are considered HOT here in the Canadian Young Living market:
- Clary Sage
- Idaho Balsam Fir
- Laurus Nobilis
- Palo Santo
- Black Pepper
If you have any questions please ask 🙂
******* Get your essential oils today at 24% off retail!!********
Have a great day!!
As always, please be cautious with the essential oils you use. Not all are made equally and some are NOT intended for topical use. You must be careful with exposing your skin to low quality essential oils as your skin absorbs the oils very quickly. I ONLY use Young Living Essential Oils and are the only oils I trust for my family and myself. To read more about Young Living Essential Oils please click here.